Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oscars, Baby!

I had the unique pleasure of being at the Oscars this last weekend! Although I was sorry to miss being with the team, I did enjoy shaking hands with Ron Howard, laughing with Latifah, and seeing the piece that Allen Haines (on the adaptive teaching staff) made to honor all the people who passed away in the last year.
I was glad to see that the Red Carpet is indeed accessible! After it wraps around the corner and you can't see it on TV anymore it goes up a Grand Staircase, but there is an elevator. I saw several wheelchairs mingling with us out there and thought that was great.
It was fun to see behind the scenes during the commercials: Hugh Jackman brought his wife a plate of cookies...he practiced with Brad Pitt so Brad could throw him the cane for the big dance number with top hats. Hugh was warm and funny even when the cameras aren't rolling.
Other stars I saw up close: Danny Glover, Sting, Sophia Loren, Anne Hathaway, Amy Adams, Vanessa Redgrave, Kevin Kline, Lou Gossett, Jerry Lewis, Mickey Rooney, Robin Roberts, Zack Ephron (ran into him backstage and he let me have the bathroom first), and many, many more!

No comments: